Tuesday 14 December 2010

A Christmas treat.

As some of you may know, my Nan had a stroke nearly a month ago. It was actually horrific to hear this news, as I don't love anyone more than my Nan (Tom comes a very very fine second) So, it was a horrible day that day. But alas! When I went to see her on her first day, she was hooked up with wires and tubes. It was a scary sight but I held it together, and just hoped that she'd make it through the night. Thankfully she did. And everyday for the past few weeks, she's been looking better and better!

This week has been the best one so far in my opinion. She's made vast improvement and I've even seen her walk around the room with the physiotherapy guy. She was being supported but still, I thought it was amazing just to see her walking and looking happy to be moving around! I've even been able to transfer her into a wheel chair and wheel her around the hospital, which she loves. Today we went to the cafe for some tea and coffee, she was in awe with the place! It just makes me happy when I make her happy with the little thing such as a cafe and a cup of tea!

She won't be properly out for Christmas unfortunately, but as a treat because she's doing so well, she is spending Christmas day and boxing day at my house! Which is the best news I could ever hear! I'm so proud of her and I can't wait for her to come home for just them two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment