Wednesday 19 January 2011

January exam season.

As my January exams come to a close, I can now sigh a sign of relief. As much as re-sits are a form of extra effort, it is also a good feeling as now I can hopefully bump up my grades towards my targets for A2 and for the required grade for my university course. For the majority of my courses, the required grades or amount of UCAS tariff points is BBC/280 points. For me, that is an realistic target as when I enter my English Language exam in June, I shall already be on an A for AS and in my coursework, which is very comforting for my desired course of Journalism. This means that an A is already in the bag, and what I really want at A2 is ABC or even ABB if I try hard enough! Which would be fantastic.

The two re-sits I had were Ethics and UK Government. At first, it was ethics which was my concern as previously in year 12 Ethics was my downfall. However, with the preparation help from my teachers and by hammering some practice questions which came back as B's with some help from notes, but however, in the actual exam, by doing this method I felt prepared and I'm hoping for a C or maybe a low B if possible?! The next exam I had was Government. Now after the successful feeling of the Ethics exam, Government was now a huge worry for me. I woke up the morning of the exam feeling sick, which was a great start! But however, luckily I had some good friends who were resitting too and we spent all morning and early afternoon revising and discussing issues about the paper and subject content. As the exam approached, the more nervous we all felt. But, alas, in a weird occurrence of events, everything we discussed in the previous hours came up on the exam, what a streak of luck! I couldn't believe it, I just hope that it comes back with a good grade!

Fingers crossed for the powers of the re-sit and my future university life!

No comments:

Post a Comment