Monday 31 January 2011

A UCAS update.

So, my offers at this point are like this:
Salford - Journalism: Interview
Salford - Journalism and Politics: Conditional
Huddersfield - Journalism: Conditional
Leeds Met - Journalism: Conditional
Chester - Journalism: Conditional
 On February 16th, I have an interview at Salford University. This is the most important moment of my future career, Salford is the true place where I would love to study, for many reasons. One of these reasons is that it close to home for not just the purpose of Tom (who I couldn't possibly leave) but for the purpose of my family. I couldn't go far and find out that something had happened and all I could do is stay there. Another reason is that the BBC and ITV are now stationed in MediaCity UK in Salford, where the students automatically go in to. It could also be that I love Manchester as a city and I love it's culture and it's significance in the UK. I mostly honestly think if I recieved a conditional offer form Salford, I would cry with happiness.

In other news, I have a chance to turn a conditional offer in to an unconditional offer from Leeds Met. This oppertunity came to me by post. It stated that if submit a written piece (500 words max) and its standard is high, then my offer could be altered in to an unconditional, which is a nice relief, even if Leeds is my 4th choice. The deadline is the 20th May, although I want to get my piece written, checked and submitted soon, but I think the interview comes first.

Fingers crossed for my future in the buisness of journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment