Tuesday 17 May 2011

The end is nigh.

As the 27th May draws closer, the realisation that I am ending an era of seven years of my life is slowing sinking in. As much as I am excited for the adult prom experience on Friday, I can't help but know the amount of tears that will come before it when I realise that this is it: Seven years just come to and end in one school with some of the most amazing people I will ever meet who have helped me through a lot. Compared to the last day in year 11 when I cried, even though I wasn't leaving, I cried for the friends that were. But now, this is different; We're all leaving each other and spreading around the country. No more regular routine of steeping in to the mezz in the morning, seeing faces I'm used to seeing everyday. Now I'm going to be in my own room, living with new people and going to new places to see new faces everyday. I'm scared of leaving my comfort behind and being purely independent and having to build new relationships after so long. It's going to be hard and sad, but I suppose it's about time we were put into the world to face these problems. The thing I'm scared of most is losing all the people I love the most due to University commitments and if they meet new people and forget me. I won't forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment