Monday 18 October 2010

My excuse for the lack of blogging last week; School Work.

Half term is coming up and the required "QMA" is die in for each teacher. I have two teachers per subject, So that means 6 QMA's in total. If that doesn't sound bad enough, all of my teachers are setting their QMA's at the same time, drowning us in essays and context etc. So, last week I would have blogged, but my the flood of QMA's given to me was stupid I have had to take a break from my dear blog. Back to the point, of school work in the masses. I don't mind an essay or coursework to do every now and again, but all at once, I do not think so! I feel that many students would agree with my argument and teachers would say "well in university BLAH BLAH BLAH!" Well in university I would only be doing one subject and wouldn't have a personal statement deadline to compete with at the same time. They say that our personal statements are preference, however, I'd like to see all 6 of my teachers just say, "oh Amy, you've got your personal statement to write, no need to do any essays" 

The personal statement has also created more pressure as my school has decided to make the deadline for our personal statements to be drafted and sent off by this Thursday. I had just decided my true career path around 2 to 3 weeks ago. My head start was cut short. This is entirely unfair and now I'm going to have to go in to school on Friday when no one else is on just to complete it to beat competition. However, if I get this personal statement, which just appeared out of my mind tonight drafted and perfect by then, all is well! But something tells me time will be slim. I cannot wait until half term, where school work will hopefully be not the only thing on my mind and slaving over it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment